Yesterday I lead a webinar for members of the Prophet 21 World Wide Users Group. This session demonstrated a day in the life of an Outside Sales rep. at a distributor using an integrated CRM solution. Some interesting points of discussion:
Why Distributors need a CRM Solution:
- Centralized database of customer/prospect info.
- Improve lead follow up
- Collaboration between inside sales/customer service and outside sales
- Determine true customer profitability
- Improve marketing abilities
- Improve cross selling
- Improve quote follow up
- Better reporting allows you to make more informed decisions
What do sales professionals need in a CRM solution?
- Ease of Use
- Access to Line of Business / Transactional Data
- Collaboration with Inside Sales / Customer Service
- Need to see VALUE in the solution!
Industry research by Gartner found that high performing sales organizations spend 30% less time on administrative tasks and spend 40% more time with their best customers and prospects.
CRM enabled distributors generate double the amount of leads from marketing
We walked through lead qualification, opportunity management and quoting, competitor tracking and post sale customer support. We displayed how our integration between Prophet 21 and Microsoft CRM gives sales full information on their customers to increase productivity and improve customer service.
This session was recorded and available on the P21WWUG web site (for users group members). Thank you to the P21WWUG for allowing us to present! If you are a Prophet 21 user and do not belong to the P21WWUG we highly recommend checking into membership.
If you are interested in a demonstration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM please contact us.