In the upcoming Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 release, code named "Vega", there will be several new features added as part of the base application platform in CRM. This part 2 of a 5-part blog series describing these new features.
1. Search – New Advanced Find option to do specific filtering of results based on specific record types.
2. Sync more types of information between CRM and Outlook or Exchange - Additional sync for contact and task fields, assigned tasks and appointment attachments. Easily view which fields are being synchronized. Easier admin management enable/disable/configure fields sync.
3. New Configuration Wizard makes it easy to configured CRM for Outlook - redesigned configuration wizard for the Outlook client with easier management of multiple CRM organization connections.
4. Business Rules – easier implementation of business logic across all CRM records and changes; more complex rule structure; options for default field values to automate form population.
6. Calculated Fields – operations on field values are now possible without coding.
7. Business Rules Editor Improvements – more complex rule logic with AND, OR and If-Else branching; rules now applied across all client devices.
8. Capture key business metrics with Rollup fields – for related entities with 1:1 relationships, rollup from child to parent records, calculations through recurring system job.
9. Field level security for Out of Box fields – easier application of field-level security.
10. Compatibility – Up to date view of new and planned compatibility testing results: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669061
For the full CRM 2015 Pre-Release guide, click here.