Many businesses rely on Beringer Technology Group (BTG) so we understand that you are probably wondering about our contingency plans in light of the ongoing coronavirus, or COVID-19, situation.We are closely monitoring the news and CDC for any updates on best practices to prevent the spread of this illness in all our offices.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Employees should notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
- We have been talking with our vendors about the importance of their sick employees staying home.
- Employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to work or become sick during the day will be separated from other employees and be sent home immediately. Sick employees should cover their noses and mouths with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or an elbow or shoulder if no tissue is available).
- We are providing alcohol-based hand rubs and sanitizing wipes for our employees work surfaces.
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure. Those employees will work remotely until it has been determined that they are are not infected and no longer at risk.
- If state and local health authorities recommend the use of social distancing strategies we will encourage employees to work remotely instead of coming into the workplace until symptoms are completely resolved. We have systems in-place to support remote working for all our employees.
All things considered at this moment, it is business as usual at all BTG offices. We will continue to provide the best customer experience we can, working as a team to meet your needs as we do every day. We will continue to monitor the situation, listening to advice from leading health agencies and making any necessary adjustments to our emergency response plan as the situation evolves.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution. We also provide expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing and Unified Communication Solutions.