The Dynamics 365 & Power Platform 2023 Release Wave 1 is here and it comes with a host of great new features and improvements. In particular, I want to highlight what's new with Customer Service and AI Builder.
What's new with Customer Service?
Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an industry-leading end-to-end service platform that enables organizations to improve upon customer support, including self and assisted service throughout the customer engagement lifecycle. Here are some of the enhanced Customer Service capabilities:
- Previously, agents could not upload notes and attachments to a Case until after it was created. With this new release, agents can now upload multiple attachments and enter quick notes as they are creating the Case. This significantly reduces the number of clicks needed to create Cases.
- Priority codes will be color coded, making it easier for agents to identify high priority Cases
- Agents are shown open activities during a case resolution so that they can be closed
- The case resolution box has been simplified to allow agents to input a single resolution type and description
- Can now forecast case volumes within intervals of 15 minutes using historical data
- Support managers can now monitor operations in near real time using built in reports for summary of customer volumes and agents
New Email template designer
- Email templates allow you to store email content for repetitive messages that your agents can use. They reduce fatigue for agents sending multiple emails of similar content. The new designer is slick and features responsive design capabilities, allowing it to automatically adjust based on screen size. It also includes enhanced elements, allowing agents to easily add items such as buttons, dividers and images.
- A new feature called Integrated search providers has been includes. It allows data to be read from your website or a 3rd party and consumed by the Dataverse. This allows for searching across knowledge articles entered within Dynamics and externally.
What's new with AI Builder?
AI Builder is a feature that's part of the Microsoft Power Platform that allows organizations to predict outcomes and improve business performance. It's also a code-less solution, so your admins, business analysts and super users can easily get started with it. Here's some of the enhanced AI Builder capabilities:
Document Management & Processing
- You will be able to classify incoming documents. This allows further automation to happen with documents using custom flows that may further process the document or route it to a particular department, for example.
- Azure Cognitive Services released a new feature called document splitter. This can be used in your flows to detect when a document has subdocuments contained within.
- Contract processing has been added which can extract standard data from a contract without having to build a custom model
Power Automate for desktop
- AI Builder has been added for Power Automate for desktop so that you can use it for document and form processing, receipt and invoice processing, business card reader, object detection (e.g. within an image) and text classification (e.g. key phrase extraction, sentiment analysis, language detection, text translation)
Note that not all of these features have been released by Microsoft and they are subject to change, so stay tuned!
We love to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solutions here at Beringer. We’ve been working with Microsoft Dynamics since its inception, and we’re always finding innovative ways to implement the latest tools and help automate business processes.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution also provides expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing, Email Security Implementation and Training, Unified Communication Solutions, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessment.