Dynamics 365 Field Service is a business application that is licensed separately from your other applications, but can be used within your existing Dynamics 365 organization. It primarily helps service industry teams with scheduling work orders and providing onsite assistance at client locations. The application comes with many features including pre-defined automated workflows, scheduling algorithms, and a separate mobile application that allows front line workers to access the necessary information they need when they are at a client site addressing issues or new installations. If you've been reading our blogs, you know that we've been blogging about field service for some time, with the latest highlighting new updates in Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 2
Key features within Dynamics 365 Field Service that can help your organization
- Work orders allow your team to document and schedule onsite fixes or new installations.
- Scheduling and dispatch tools allow your dispatchers to assign technicians, vendors or other key members to resolve work orders. These can be assigned to people who either work inside of your Dynamics 365 organization or external people.
- A mobile application is enhanced to allow your front line workers to access key information about their assigned work orders while they are onsite at a client location. This also includes offline syncing capabilities when internet access is spotty.
- Push notifications with power automate will notify your front line workers on their mobile phones as they are assigned to a new work order, even when they are not using the application.
- Maps allow your dispatchers to locate and appropriately assign front line workers. They also provide location information for your front line workers as they are traveling to clients.
- Asset management allows your team to manage inventory of customer equipment and work order history.
- Bar code scanning can be enabled to make it easier for your team to add additional customer assets for servicing.
- Preventative maintenance utilizes workflow automation to create appointments for your team to address maintenance on equipment.
- Analytics for reporting utilizes Power BI and provides key performance indicators with respect to existing work orders and scheduling, as well as customer communications.
Reach out to Beringer today!
We love to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions here at Beringer. We’ve been working with Microsoft Dynamics since its inception, and we’re always finding innovative ways to implement the latest tools and help automate business processes.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution also provides expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing, Email Security Implementation and Training, Unified Communication Solutions, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessment.