The 2022 Release Wave 2 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform is here, and it brings new innovations that provide significant capabilities to transform your business.
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 release contains hundreds of new features across Dynamics 365 applications, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Intelligent Order Management, Project Operations, Human Resources, Commerce, Fraud Protection, Business Central, Connected Spaces, Guides, and Customer Insights.
The Power Platform release contains new features for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Pages, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Dataverse, and AI Builder.
Microsoft will begin rolling out these new features, starting October 2022. Check out the regional deployment schedule here.
What's new with Field Service 2022 Release Wave 2?
Dynamics 365 Field Service is a robust field service management application that makes it easier for companies and their technicians to navigate the complex and connected landscape of service operations. Dynamics 365 Field Service allows for a proactive, streamlined, and relational approach to servicing customer accounts.
Here's some of the enhanced Field Service capabilities:
- Mobile usability general enhancements for frontline workers
- Location and asset hierarchies have been expanded
- Vendor information can now be captured in the context of a Work Order
- Addition of not-to-exceed values for cost and price on a Work Order
- Resource scheduling enhancements to avoid overlapping bookings
- Bing Maps has been disabled by default for EU regions
- The modern schedule board is now the default schedule board for all Field Service deployments
The following features have been deprecated in Dynamics 365 Field Service:
- Dynamics 365 Field Service on-premise
- Xamarin Field Service Mobile app
You can view the full list of 2022 Release Wave 2 Dynamics 365 deprecations here.
What's new with Power Virtual Agents 2022 Release Wave 2?
Microsoft Power Virtual Agents enables anyone within an organization to create low-code/no-code, AI-powered chatbots to interact with internal or external clients without the need for developers or data scientists. These chatbots allow employees to be more productive by freeing up resources that would otherwise be expended on relatively menial tasks. Furthermore, chatbots provide a faster customer service experience for the end-user.
Here's some of the enhanced Power Virtual Agents capabilities:
- Automatic AI extraction of relevant information from a website upon bot creation
- Bot topics can now be triggered by events
- Power FX expressions can now be used in the bot authoring canvas
- Support for multi-digit DTMF input
- Notification of Teams users regarding query updates
- Bot integration with voice responses over a telephony channel
- Ability to use multi-modal response authoring
- Ability to use adaptive cards
- Ability to use list variables and looping in a conversation
- Ability to create bots in new datacenters
What is Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a set of intelligent business applications that helps you run your entire business and deliver greater results through predictive, AI-driven insights. There are many applications to choose from, including:
- Intelligent sales and marketing
- Proactive customer service
- Connected field service
- Modern finance and operations
- Connected commerce
These Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications work seamlessly together for a comprehensive solution that runs your entire business in the cloud. You’ll get a 360-degree view of your organization to uncover the real-time insights that bring better results.
What is the Power Platform?
The Microsoft Power Platform is the low code platform that spans Office 365, Azure, Dynamics 365 and all Microsoft applications. It enables your business to craft solutions while empowering you to unite customized technology to help everyone, from the CEO to the front-line workers, drive the business with data.
The Microsoft Power Platform is comprised of four key products: Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents. There are also powerful cross-cutting features to connect these four key products: AI Builder, Microsoft Dataverse and Data Connectors.
We love to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solutions here at Beringer. We’ve been working with Microsoft Dynamics since its inception, and we’re always finding innovative ways to implement the latest tools and help automate business processes.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution also provides expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing, Email Security Implementation and Training, Unified Communication Solutions, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessment.