The Dynamics 365 & Power Platform new releases are here, and they bring new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business.
Microsoft's latest Dynamics 365 release contains hundreds of new features across Dynamics 365 applications, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Intelligent Order Management, Project Operations, Human Resources, Commerce, Fraud Protection, Business Central, Connected Spaces, Guides, Customer Insights, and Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare, Financial Services, Nonprofit, Sustainability, and Retail. You can read more here.
The Microsoft Power Platform release contains updates to Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents and AI Builder. You can read more here.
Microsoft will start rolling out these new features, starting October 1st, 2022. Deployment is based on region, and is detailed here.
What's new with Customer Service?
Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an industry-leading end-to-end service platform that enables organizations to improve upon customer support, including self and assisted service throughout the customer engagement lifecycle. Here are some of the enhanced Customer Service capabilities:
- Use of AI and rules to assign agents to incoming service requests based on priority, agent skills and customer criteria. This helps eliminate issues of service-level agreements getting ignored and agents picking service requests based on difficulty level instead of priority.
- Enhanced Teams integration for collaboration and linking of conversations on the Customer Service records
- Allows for direct communication with customers using live chat, SMS, social channels and voice. Includes an enhanced app with a focus on productivity and real-time notifications.
- Includes the ability to search knowledge from multiple platforms such as SharePoint, Microsoft search and Dynamics 365. Knowledge suggestions are also provided using AI. In Wave 2, you can now apply your own search filters and AI-suggested keywords for articles.
What's new with AI Builder?
AI Builder (Artificial Intelligence) is a feature that's part of the Microsoft Power Platform that allows organizations to predict outcomes and improve business performance. It's also a code-less solution, so your admins, business analysts and super users can easily get started with it. Here's some of the enhanced AI Builder capabilities:
Intelligent Document Processing
- You can now detect signatures in documents, remove personally identifiable information in documents and classify documents. Improvements have also been made to identify structured tables that stretch across multiple pages. Additionally, you can now customize AI Models leveraging an existing one.
- A default solution will be included which will allow you to classify and route customer feedback via email. Improvements include the ability to manage larger datasets and those that have been previously tagged.
Note that some of the new enhancements are not visible by default and must be enabled by an administrator before you can begin to use them.
We love to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solutions here at Beringer. We’ve been working with Microsoft Dynamics since its inception, and we’re always finding innovative ways to implement the latest tools and help automate business processes.
Beringer Technology Group, a leading Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and CRM for Distribution also provides expert Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Based Computing, Email Security Implementation and Training, Unified Communication Solutions, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessment.